Welcome to TE Owners!

Author Topic: Our aWolf Sites now on our own Server!  (Read 2146091 times)

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Newly Registered
Re: Our aWolf Sites now on our own Server!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »
1/27/13 For some reason the server's file system went to read only, support says if this happens often a more detailed inspection will be required. So with this the server was down for about 45 minutes. I have also heard and inquired about scheduled server reboots being a good practice. I will start doing this about every 6 weeks. In doing this the server self check itself and prevents other issues.

I will start doing this in early March, for now Happy Surfing and sorry for the small downtime.
:(

Admin

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
Yesterday 12/30/12 We had a Server issue, the Drive failed, and had to be replaced. It took all day for the techs to reinstall the server and restore our backup from the old drive. I do not believe any data was lost because all the data had to be copied from the failed drive to the new one. The backup was found not to be any good, but luckily they were able to use the most recent data from the previous drive. This 500 error was what you seen when trying to surf while the drive was failing. It seems to be something out of my control and also the host. I will have to update the server in the next week or so, things should still go smooth, but somethings might require a reboot of the server, so there might be a time or 2 when the sites will appear off line for a few minutes, or not responding. I am happy we were down only 1 day due to all this.

Have a Great New Year everybody, and thanks for being one of our members!

Admin
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:32:43 AM by Webmaster »

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
Occasionally the server might have automatic updates, some affect surfing for a few minutes, some may not.
As for everything else a 1000% improvement from what it was before!!
thumb-up.gif

So far so good, this page will have announcements regarding any future server issues!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:05:37 AM by Webmaster »

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Newly Registered
Our aWolf Sites now on our own Server!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Now on our own Dedicated Server!!!!
Sorry but adjusting the sites to the correct time affected surfing until the time catches up, probably about 4 hours!

Sorry for any inconveniences!! :(

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:41:16 PM by Webmaster »

Post are not immediately available for other members and visitors to view! They have to be approved by the Webmaster!